Friday, June 4, 2010

World Cup 2010 Offer

I was having dinner with my wife the other day, and she asked me what offers we were doing during the world cup. Everyone else was doing offers, shouldn’t we be?

I thought about it, but didn’t quite get the idea, she looked at me as if I were thick and said, “Buy one, get one free if England win the world cup”.

I choked on my tea, and scoffed that there was no way we could possibly do that! We couldn’t go around giving one computer away FREE, let alone dozens, not even our very cheapest.

She looked at me in that special way wives do when you have dissed their ideas, and went to watch TV. But I sat there, and wondered maybe a special offer wasn’t such a bad idea.

Next morning, I asked Paul what he thought about £50 cashback on all orders over £150 if England win the World Cup. He leapt on it in an instant, and he rushed off saying MY idea was great, and that he would get on the case right away, and muttered triumphantly, something like “it’s not as if it’s going to happen is it?”

I looked at Paul, like my wife had looked at me. I was going to explain that really it was my wife’s idea (honest, I was), but I was distracted by Paul’s apparent lack of faith in our premier league boys. How could be so sure we wouldn’t win.

Heskey, he replied.

He had a point of course. England really only has one world-class player in Rooney. The others are good, maybe some are great, but they are not “world-class”. Capello has a lot of thinking to do, and after that disappointing friendly against Mexico, I began to wonder perhaps Paul was right.

Of course, really I was more worried about the potential of opening us up to losing a week’s wages if we were to sell loads of machines, and England do go and win the cup! Not sure my wife would be too happy about that!

But the way Paul sees it, we are flying the flag of St. George with this promotion. We are getting behind the team, we are saying, come on support your national football heroes, come buy from us, and have faith. It shows we are not afraid, we have team spirit…bit like us here at Eflex.

Paul could see the cogs whirring. He knew it was my wife’s idea in the first place. He also knew I would have scoffed at it.

He knows me so well…

So here’s our Special ‘Come On England’ World Cup Football 2010 offer!

If England win the football World Cup in South Africa beginning on June 11th, each customer purchasing a Laptop or PC will receive £50 cashback, subject to the following conditions:

1) This offer is eligible on all laptops and PCs purchased between 6pm 28th May, 2010 and noon 11th June, 2010.

2) Laptop and PC purchases only (Accessory purchases are not included in this offer).

3) The offer applies only to transactions totalling over £150.00

4) The offer is limited to ONE cashback refund per household

5) Cashback will be issued back to the payment method ONLY.

6) If England win the World Cup in South Africa in June 2010, cashback will be settled, and refunded within 7 days of the completion of the World Cup tournament.

“Come On England!”

“Here,” said Paul, as he made the morning brew, “perhaps Frank and the boys will all rush to buy one…?”

Now that would be a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment